Powerful Voices depends on over 180 volunteers across the gender spectrum each year to support our programs for girls ages 12-19.
Check out how you can get involved!
- Annual Luncheon (Oct 13) Up to 30 volunteers needed to help set up, clean up, greet, seat, and process registrations for 300-400 guests at Fisher Pavilion, Seattle Center. Free lunch and a seat at the Luncheon are included. Shift times vary depending on the role: Set-up 8-11:30am, Registration 10:30am-12:30pm, Clean-up 1-4pm
- Mock Interview Day (Oct) Bring your recruiting, human resources and job readiness expertise to girls in our Job Readiness Employment Program for two rounds of practice interviews and small group feedback sessions. Up to 10-14 volunteers needed. Shift time 4-6pm.
- WOC Career Panel (Nov) Women of color who would like to share their experience with entrepreneurship and leadership in the workforce are invited to talk with girls in our Job Readiness Employment Program. 6 volunteers needed. Shift time 4-6pm.
- Job Readiness Meal Prep (T or Th, Oct-Nov) Help staff prepare meals in our small kitchen or deliver ready-made meals to girls and staff in our Job Readiness Employment Program. We can reimburse up to $30 per meal, or you can donate. You can sign up for one or more days over the 12 week span of each program. Shift time between 4-7pm.
- Curriculum Copy Editing (Oct-Dec) 1-2 volunteers needed to review, suggest and make edits to our 11 module curriculum packet, a tool for youth development workers to use when facilitating their own girls groups. Work remotely on your own time.
Winter and Spring 2017
- Adult Allies Crew (Jan-Apr) Join a cohort of 10-14 other adults committed to receiving training and supporting and learning with girls in group and one-on-one settings in our ActiveVistas Employment Program. Girls will research, create and present a workshop on a social-justice topic that impacts them. Shift times Thursdays, 4-7pm
- Girlvolution Crew (Jan-Apr) Join a group of 6-10 volunteers, staff and interns to lead the production of our largest community engagement event of the year. Girlvolution invites the community to participate in collective dialogue and restorative change facilitated by girls in our ActiveVistas program. Monthly meetings 6-8pm + apx. 5-10 hours/month.
- Girlvolution (Various dates in Apr) A total of up to 125 volunteers are needed to successfully support the 250 youth and adults who attend the Girlvolution conference. Help out by being a dress rehearsal audience member, setting-up the venue, and/or providing day-of-event support. Shift times vary.
- ActiveVistas Meal Prep (T or Th, Jan-Apr) Help staff prepare meals in our small kitchen or deliver ready-made meals to girls and staff in our ActiveVistas Employment Program. We can reimburse up to $30 per meal, or you can donate. You can sign up for one or more days over the 12 week span of each program. Shift time between 4-7pm
- DYVAS Meal Prep (T, W, or Th, Jul-Aug) Help staff prep meals in our small kitchen or deliver ready -made meals to girls and staff in our DYVAS Employment Program. We can reimburse up to $30 per meal, or you can donate. You can sign up for one or more days over the 8 week span of each program. Shift time between 4-7pm.
- Luncheon Crew (Jul-Oct) Join a group of 6-10 volunteers and staff to produce our annual fundraising Luncheon at Seattle Center, Fisher Pavilion. This crew of leaders will envision and coordinate decorations, graphics, audience engagement and registration procedures. Monthly meetings 6-8pm + apx. 5-10 hours/month.
Ready to get busy on the Girls Crew?
For more information and to put your name on an interest list, please email the volunteer opportunities you are interested in to Layla Taylor, Community Engagement Coordinator.
Your support makes it possible for Powerful Voices to invite girls to realize their dreams, engage their communities and shape a more just world.
We appreciate you!