Felicia Guity, Powerful Voices' Board President got me all fired up when she shared her goals for the year with me:
1) Build a stronger board culture
2) Establish our brand
3) Fiscal stability and growth.
Yes, please! I can't wait to see Powerful Voices grow this year with her leadership of our dynamic Board of Directors.
One of the qualities I admire about Felicia is her brief and to-the-point communication style. As I started to identify my goals for the year I decided I wanted to move away from jargon. Then I found this three words exercise. Basically it encourages brevity and depth by choosing three (only three!) words to focus your goals and efforts for the year.
1. Roots. Powerful Voices has found stability over the past 18 months. Now, it is time to get solid and root our organization in it's ecosystem.
2. And. One of the key rules of Improv is to say Yes! And. The agreement of Yes reminds us to respect the content of what our fellow actors create, while the And helps continue the scene and allows us to add something of our own.
3. Fierce. As in Sasha Fierce. When Beyoncé was feeling shy about taking center stage, she created Sasha Fierce as her personal brand. This year I'm thinking about my personal brand as the Executive Director of Powerful Voices. It's time to embrace the role of chief celebrant.
What are your three words for the year?