Powerful Voices Intern and AmeriCorps openings
Exciting News: Powerful Voices has 3 open positions to fill. See below for details and please pass on to your networks and help spread the word.
We are looking for folks to apply who:
- Have been socialized as and/or identify as female
- Are 18 years or older (For the DYVAS internship they need to be 21 or older)
- Come from the communities we serve (Generally we serve young women of color facing economic disparities who live or go to school in the CD, south end, or west side of Seattle)
- Have experience working with youth, particularly girls ages 12 and up
- Have some prior facilitation experience
- Have an interest in and passion for social justice
- Believe in and support Powerful Voices mission to foster adolescent girls' development by providing programs and promoting social justice so girls can realize their dreams, engage their communities, and shape a better world.
This summer we have 2 stipend internship opportunities. Applications (one page each resume and cover letter due ). See below for summary and email Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed position descriptions.
- Support youth ages 14 and up in our employment readiness program DYVAS. Candidates need to be 21 or older and able to commit to working 20-24 hours/week from .
- Support youth ages 12-14 in our summer leadership program, Girls Rising. Candidates need to be 18 or older and able to commit to working 20-24 hours/week from .
We are also seeking an AmeriCorps member to work with us full time from September 2014 through the end of July 2015. This member will support our Powerful Choices programs which support youth ages 12-14 at partner middle schools Asa Mercer and Denny International. Interested candidates need to be 18 or older and below is the link that outlines the application process. They are accepting applicants on a rolling basis and the sooner you apply the better.
The link outlines the various steps:
- Create an AmeriCorps application at my.americorps.gov and use it to submit to Notre Dame AmeriCorps Seattle
- Fill out the essay/self-reference document (can be opened through the website)
- Send most recent transcripts
- The criminal background check doesn't have to be completed until the member commits to serving with the team for a year
Please let me know if you have questions and THANK YOU in advance for your help spreading the word and for any referrals you make.