Powerful Voices depends on over 180 volunteers across the gender spectrum each year to support our programs for girls ages 12-19.
Check out how you can get involved!
Winter and Spring 2017
- Adult Allies Crew (Jan-Apr) - APPLICATION DEADLINE WAS 11/15. WE HAVE 24 APPLICANTS AND WILL CHOOSE 14. Join a cohort of 10-14 other adults committed to receiving training and supporting and learning with girls in group and one-on-one settings in our Activistas Employment Program. Girls, ages 14-19, will research, create and present a workshop on a social-justice topic that impacts them. Shift times Thursdays, 4-7pm
- Girlvolution Crew (Jan-Apr) Join a group of 6-10 volunteers, staff and interns to lead the production of our largest community engagement event of the year. Help needed with: Venue Design and Decoration, Graphic Design, Marketing and Promotion, Food and In-Kind Donation Procurement, and Sound and Technical Assistance. Girlvolution invites the community to participate in collective dialogue and restorative change facilitated by girls in our Activistas program. Monthly meetings 6-8pm + apx. 5-10 hours/month.
- Girlvolution (Various dates in Apr) A total of up to 125 volunteers are needed to successfully support the 250 youth and adults who attend the Girlvolution conference. Help out by being a dress rehearsal audience member, setting-up the venue, and/or providing day-of-event support. Shift times vary.
- Activistas Meal Prep (T or Th, Jan-Apr) Help staff prepare meals in our small kitchen or deliver ready-made meals to girls and staff in our ActiveVistas Employment Program. We can reimburse up to $30 per meal, or you can donate. You can sign up for one or more days over the 12 week span of each program. Shift time between 4-7pm
- DYVAS Meal Prep (T, W, or Th, Jul-Aug) Help staff prep meals in our small kitchen or deliver ready -made meals to girls and staff in our DYVAS (Develop Your Voice and Speak) Employment Program. We can reimburse up to $30 per meal, or you can donate. You can sign up for one or more days over the 8 week span of each program. Shift time between 4-7pm.
- Luncheon Crew (Jul-Oct) Join a group of 6-10 volunteers and staff to produce our annual fundraising Luncheon at Seattle Center, Fisher Pavilion. This crew of leaders will envision and coordinate decorations, graphics, audience engagement and registration procedures. Monthly meetings 6-8pm + apx. 5-10 hours/month.
- Annual Luncheon (Oct 13) Up to 30 volunteers needed to help set up, clean up, greet, seat, and process registrations for 300-400 guests at Fisher Pavilion, Seattle Center. Free lunch and a seat at the Luncheon are included. Shift times vary depending on the role: Set-up 8-11:30am, Registration 10:30am-12:30pm, Clean-up 1-4pm
- Job Readiness Adult Allies - Resume Support and Mock Interviews (Oct-Nov) Join a cohort of 10-14 other adults committed to supporting girls, ages 14-19, in our 8 week Job Readiness Program. Work with youth 1:1 and ask questions to distill their experiences into skills and language appropriate for a resume. Bring your recruiting, human resources and job readiness expertise for two rounds of practice interviews and small group feedback sessions. This cohort will provide consistent support to girls over the 8 week period.
- WOC Career Panel (Nov) Women of color who would like to share their experience with entrepreneurship and leadership in the workforce are invited to talk with girls in our Job Readiness Employment Program. 6 volunteers needed. Shift time 4-6pm.
- Job Readiness Meal Prep (T or Th, Oct-Nov) Help staff prepare meals in our small kitchen or deliver ready-made meals to girls and staff in our Job Readiness Employment Program. We can reimburse up to $30 per meal, or you can donate. You can sign up for one or more days over the 12 week span of each program. Shift time between 4-7pm.
Ready to get busy on the Girls Crew?
For more information and to put your name on an interest list, please email the volunteer opportunities you are interested in to Layla Taylor, Community Engagement Coordinator.
Your support makes it possible for Powerful Voices to invite girls to realize their dreams, engage their communities and shape a more just world.
We appreciate you!