|Board of Directors meeting|
Powerful Voices is a diverse organization. We welcome, cultivate and respect diversity in all aspects, including background, experience, identity and opinion.
In 2016, we are seeking candidates with the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated cultural responsiveness and a strong gender, social, racial and economic justice framework
- Experience in financial oversight (optional/desired)
- Inspired to make a personally meaningful annual financial contribution
- Energy and interest in building and sustaining donor engagement
- A robust social and professional network that includes potential donors and volunteers for Fundraising and Joyful Giving (volunteering)
- Fundraising and Event Planning experience (optional/desired)
Powerful Voices Board Members are foundational to our ability to help strong girls become strong women. Each year we bring on a new cohort of Directors. We receive many applications each year from inspiring leaders who want to be of service to our mission. We carefully consider each candidate in relation to our organizational needs and strategic goals.
What to expect:
Step 1: Applications accepted until February 15, 2016.
Step 2: Select candidates are invited to meet with a current Board member and Jane Hinton, Powerful Voices Executive Director
Step 3: Top candidates are invited to attend a Powerful Voices’ board meeting. Monday, March 28 from 6 to 7:00 pm.
Step 4: Board of Directors votes on recommended candidates
Step 5: New Directors are assigned a Board Buddy and prepare for New Board Member Orientation
Step 6: 2016 Cohort attends first board meeting on Monday, April 25, 2016
To request more information and an application, please contact Layla Taylor at email@example.com