Join Us: Girlvolution 2017 Volunteer Opportunities
Powerful Voices 2017 Girlvolution Conference
Save the Date:
At Powerful Voices our mission is to invite girls to realize their dreams, engage their communities and shape a more just world. We do this through employment programs, case management, and by facilitating girls groups in middle schools and juvenile detention centers. We also build community and support for the girls of Powerful Voices through annual community engagement events like our Girl Justice Training Series and Girlvolution, a youth-led, social justice conference.
Our Activistas program is a 12 week employment program for up to 14 girls who will be supported by trained Adult Allies to create and present an interactive workshop for 50-60 people on a social justice topic that impacts them and their community. These workshops will be presented at the on . Girlvolution is an event that reaches between 200-300+ youth and adults of all genders who come together in the name of justice and youth voice. The conference is 100% youth-led, featuring performances by youth under 21 and a resource fair of up to 25 community partners.
Powerful Voices is currently looking to connect with like-minded, youth and family serving organizations or businesses who may be interested in sponsoring or partnering with Powerful Voices to support Girlvolution 2017. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- Fiscal sponsorship between $250-$5000 to help cover venue costs, rentals, food, youth participant incentives, and promotional materials (more details upon request)
- Community partnership including table at the resource fair, panel or workshop by youth under 21 at Girlvolution
- Promotion and marketing including pro-bono graphic design, web and printed materials
- In-kind donations of services and items including food, snacks, craft materials
- Volunteer or get a group of volunteers together to assist at Dress Rehearsal (), Set up ( ) and Girlvolution ( )
- Bring a group of youth! Free admission for adults who bring a group of 5 or more youth.
Watch this to get an insider’s view into Girlvolution! Please contact Kary Kwong-Lee, MSW Community Engagement Intern, at email@example.com or call 206.860.1026 for more details and information.
2017 Volunteer Opportunities
- Dress Rehearsals (, ) - Listen and provide feedback to girls from our ActiveVistas employment program as they prepare their interactive workshops for audiences of 50+ people.
- Set-Up Crew (, ) - Bring your muscle and your brains to help transform the South Seattle College - Georgetown Campus into the Girlvolution conference headquarters.
- Girlvolution 2017 (, , Various shifts available) - It will take a total of over 120 volunteers to bring this event to hundreds of youth and allies. Bring your powerful self and support girl justice in action!
- Donate (Ongoing) - We are always looking for photographers, graphic designers, printers, videographers, youth DJs and performers + donations of food, drinks and more! Share your resources, community connections and in-kind donations to draw youth and their allies from all over WA state.
Interested and ready to sign on? Please email Kary at firstname.lastname@example.org, MSW Community Engagement Intern.