Powerful Voices (PV) invites girls to realize their dreams, engage their communities and shape a more just world. Since 1995, Powerful Voices has been promoting social justice and addressing inequity at its root by promoting the individual potential of girls. Our mission is to focus on girls most impacted by oppression and violence. We serve young people who identify and/or have been socialized as girls. We primarily serve girls of color, ages 12-18, who are living in low-income households.
Powerful Voices is hiring a full-time Case Manager to work closely with the lead Case Manager. Powerful Voices provides case management services to Seattle-area middle and high school girls who have experienced violence. This position is responsible for ensuring that case management and advocacy are available and delivered to young people referred to us through our partnership with the Seattle Youth Violence Prevention Initiative (SYVPI).
Young people either request case management or are referred to it by an adult that knows them. Case managment is voluntary and Powerful Voices needs and wants consent from the young person and their guardian to work with them. Case managers maintain regular contact with young people and aim to serve as role models, advocates and life coaches. They follow and maintain professional boundaries with young folks and may visit them at school, home, and in the community. Where and how often a young person and case manager stay in communication and meet is determined by them on an ongoing basis.
Beyond supporting young people with their personal goals, case managers aim to help young folks improve school success; increase involvement in positive activities; increase employability skills; and if applicable engage in treatment; improve housing stability; improve family relationships; and reduce criminal involvement and behavior. Our qualified and experienced case managers take time to build relationships with young people based on respect and to provide individual services that include, but are not limited to:
- Setting short and long term goals that include identifying young people’s strengths, barriers they are facing, people and places of support, and action steps
- Promoting and practicing healthy relationship and communication skills
- Providing advocacy to ensure that young folks are treated justly.
- Assisting with finding safe and effective ways to navigate the systems that they are apart of like school, court, social services, etc.
- Connecting young people to mentors, programs, employment and training opportunities, resources, and positive activities based on their needs and interests
To read more about the responsibilities, benefits, salary range, etc. of a Case Manager, check out the full job description.
How to Apply:
- All applications must include (all in ONE PDF document):
- Cover letter
- Applications will be received by email. No phone calls or snail mail please. Email applications to info@powerfulvoices with Subject line: Case Manager/YOUR NAME
- Please make note of the following dates: If you are selected for interviews, we will be conducting 15 minute phone interviews on March 9th and 10th, and in-person interviews will be conducted between March 15th - 17th. The ideal start date for this position is the second week in April.
Application deadline is Friday, March 3, 2017 at 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Powerful Voices is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, People who have been socialized and/or identify as womxn, people of all gender identities, and LGBTQ folks are strongly encouraged to apply.